
Enchiladas, Tacos, Arroz y frijoles, Fajitas, Queso Especial, Tamales, etc.
If Spain had all of these things I would die a very happy lady. But they don't.....
I feel like I'm on Deathrow. My punishment--being denied the succulent, delectable, mouth-watering foods I am so used to eating back home. Oh Tex-mex, how I've missed you.
Ahhhhh and the pizza. What I would do to sink my teeth into an enormous slice of pizza from Mellow Mushroom (sorry James, I know you hate that place). I would give the clothes off of my back. Seriously, did I sign up for the wrong program? Am I really with CIEE or am I on Survivor?
Now, I pray you don't take this the wrong way. If I were to completely deny myself of the food and culture of Barcelona, I would be denying myself part of the experience of being abroad. I have tried A LOT of different foods while I've been here. I've liked a few things, but what can I say? I just miss the greasy overly-processed foods of America. I even tried a lot of seafood (most people know that I draw the line after fishsticks). This is how I discovered that I'm EXTREMELY allergic to mussels (I won't get into that story).
I've lasted almost two weeks...but can I last a whole Academic year?? I think not my friends. I guess I won't have to worry about fitting into my Bridesmaid dress in a month. I can't wait to come home for those three days and stuff my face RIGHT before the wedding (bad time to do that).. At the moment, I don't really care about my goddess-like figure (just kidding).
Pray that I find something good to eat.
Sincerely,
Sharmaine Carter
No comments:
Post a Comment