People people people,
How is everything going? Oh how I dearly miss you all! What is missing from my life in Pamplona is you guys! As you can tell from last time, I've definitely been a little homesick. Especially because of holiday season, frozen-balls weather, and a drastic change to this new town I call home!
Pamplona has treated me well in my time here thus far. What can I say? The weather kicks my butt and it's just a really quiet town for a not so quiet person. No worries.. i'll still find a way to cause massive mayhem! But really, it's so calm and chill here.. full of dinner parties and hangouts at pisos.
As for school, right now it's not kicking my butt.. but gotta stay on top of it. The registering aspect sucks b/c the program is so new for UT so I know nothing! hope i get some credits!
As for Spanish... Lisa applied for this job that needed a student to basically baby sit and teach them Chinese (umm perfect match I must say). The aunt.. this petite little women with a strong religious faith, offered to take Lisa and her friends (this is where I get in the picture) on a little road trip around Navarra to see the country side and practice Spanish.
From right off of the bat, I knew that this was going to be a good thing.. as did Lisa. As soon as I met her she corrects everything and explains and makes us write down everything. Even down to my accent (or lack of, brings back memories of elementary speech class :'(). She offered to help me with Spanish for the rest of my time here in Pamplona. In exchange, all i have to do is play games with her nephew and speak english the whole time. Time for time.
Little did I know the frequency of these lessons. Her house is a short 8 minutes walk from where I live. She really wants Lisa and I to get better. This week (the start of our lessons), we met everyday for an hour almost everyday (and lasting longer at times). I feel like I'm learning so much from her! She is officially the host mom that I never had!
As for the nephew, I have to meet with him twice a week for only 30 minutes. The boy has 3 different people talking tot him in different languages.. how confusing! haha. English--Chinese--and Russian. (Already knows Spanish of course).
Anyways, Hope all is going well and just wanted to give you a short update (short?) love you guys!
-Sharmaine
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sharmaine,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you worked out a wonderful deal to learn Spanish. Maybe this 3 year old can teach you Spanish since you two are at the same level. We love you!
-Stevi (...& Mom)
Shar--
ReplyDeleteGlad you are finally getting up to a higher level in Spanish--I know one day you will be able to speak up to my level!! -mucho amore--Dad