Thank you everybody for your concern. I am finally feeling better and happier than ever! As Star would say... I am finally getting acclimated to Spain! I have a confession to make. After 20 years of living on this earth and convinced that I'd never find love... I have finally found it! I love Barcelona, and Barcelona loves me back!!!! I've finally gotten an appetite that has never been so strong. I want to devour the city of Barcelona, haha. Okay anyways...excuse my EXTREME lameness at the moment.
I can honestly say that I've had an magnificent weekend. This past weekend Lisa came to visit me from Pamplona. It was good to be able to share "my new city" with someone. I made sure to take her to as many places that makes Barcelona the breathtaking place the it is! One the first night, we met up with some people from my program at this place called La orella negra (The black sheep) so that we could go enjoy some Spanish Sangria.It is here that I met my "First" Spanish Friends! (They're so nice!) This is a big event in my life! For I was starting to question my ability to make Spanish amigos!
Friday, we walked along the streets of Passeig de Gracia so that we could find something to eat, shop in the stores a bit, and view some of the Barcelona's world renowned landmarks. Lisa's friend Felicia came and I called my friend Katie to meet up us. We all ran into this adorable little tapas place called Qu Qu that had DELICIOUS food. Afterwards, I took her to see all of the magnificent works of the great Gaudi. First and foremost, may I say that Gaudi is THE MAN. He was truly a genius beyond his times. It's a shame that the most talented individuals died so young. Many of his works are still unfinished. I don't think he ever would have thought millions of people come to Barcelona everyday just to see the Sagrada Familia or to experience the magic in Parc Guell. It took only ONE man to add visual depth and culture to a naturally beautiful city.
Just to let everybody know. That I'm excited that I'm using my Spanish. I hung out with two Spanish boys the other day. In two days, I feel like I've learned soooo many useful phrases and immense amount of information about Spanish culture. Also, I started speaking in Spanish to this girl who lives on my floor. She has graciously agreed to speak to me in only spanish while we're cooking and eating dinner! Also, I was complimented the other day by new friend,Eric, who said that my Spanish was better that many Americans he's encountered. Today, I met up with my GA, Belen for churros con chocolate and I wrote down a lot of phrases and learned so much. Last fub tnot least, a friend of mine who I salsa with lived in Barcelona for a year as well and has some friends that she wanted me to meet. I got in contact with her friend MArta who was soo sweet. She was nice enough to invite me to hang out with all of her friends. She's REALLY into Salsa dancing, so I KNOW that we'll get along. I called her and it was a little nerve wrecking to talk to her over the phone. She knows absolutely no English so it's going to be VERY good for me. We're meeting up this weekend to probably have dinner and she's going to introduce me to all of her Salsa friends that live here. I'm SOOOO excited. The language of dance will be our commonalitiy.
I'm excited to write to you next time b/c all next week (Starting this Wednesday) is the start of the biggest festival in Barcelona....La Merce! There's lots of concerts (I know the hives are playing for free), human castles (a catalunya tradition), Running with fire (not me of course haha), Fireworks, and parades to come!
Guys I hope everything is going well with you guys. And I think about you all everyday. I wish everybody would online chat me :-).
LOVE YOU ALL-- Picture are up as well! Here is everything from my trip thus far.
http://picasaweb.google.com/SharCarter811
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are SO cute; i love your black and white dress. I am so happy for you. Nice pictures, too! I can't wait to visit you!! I am coming in December or January. LOVE YOU
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, have fun at the festival and parades!! That is so exciting!!
ReplyDeleteSound like you are finally enjoying yourself. Love your blog. LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete^ Love you too... Who are you?! HAHA
ReplyDeleteBizzybodies everywhere want to know!
ReplyDeletesharmizzle!! miss you tons but so glad that youre having an amazing time. I am so proud of you for being this brave and exploring a whole new culture. skype me soon!! much lovee --Carly
ReplyDeleteSharpaine-
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you are having fun in Spain. I hope to visit you in early 2010. Don't break too many Spanish boys' hearts. Love ya! ;)
P.S. Keep the blog entries coming... we must live vicariously through you.
Shar,
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are meeting new people and enjoying all your new experiences. I am especially glad that you found a place with good food to eat! Can't wait for your next entry, as I am living through you, seeing the world instead of these 4 walls. Love you.
I have been called "the Chocolate Gaudi" by many. I am glad that you are having a good time. Don't forget to do your school work amongst all of the extracurricular activities. Have fun and I am living vicariously through you, seeing the word instead of these 4 walls. Love you.
ReplyDeleteSorry, I meant world instead of word. My ability to write is hampered with lack of energy as I have declared ware with Swine Flu. I am battling the onset of Swine Flu and will defeat it with my Superhuman size and strength!!!!!
ReplyDelete